Monday, September 27, 2010

The Phantom Forced Subtitles

I finally got around to re-doing my Star Wars 1: The Phantom Menace DVD this weekend. I had to fix the forced subtitles. And unfortunately, I discovered that for some reason SubRip was unable to read the subtitles off the 'forced' track that is on the DVD.

As I've noted in earlier posts, on the Star Wars DVDs, the forced subtitles tend to be on the second 'English' subtitle track on the DVD.

I haven't had any problems with the other Star Wars DVD's, so I was rather annoyed that it wasn't working for The Phantom Menace. I never figured it out either.

I managed to find a copy of a good SRT for the forced subs, and I've put it on my blog for anyone else that is interested. 

So, with SRT in hand, I used RipBot264 as described in my 'Complicated' instructions and managed to get a good backup of the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment