Thursday, September 9, 2010

Buzzing noise in Windows Media Player

Remember how I mentioned in my "Victory" post that I was getting an odd buzzing in Windows Media Player when I tried playing my resultant .m2ts files for Star Wars? And remember how I said I was probably a codec problem?

It is definitely a codec problem.

I confirmed this because if I try to play any of my old .m2ts files that I had previously created in Windows Media Player, they are producing the same buzzing noise.

The problem is, I'm not sure what caused the problem. I had been installing and uninstalling a number of products over the previous days in an attempt to get through my Star Wars conversion issue. I'm sure installing and/or uninstalling one of these various products caused the problem. However, I don't know which one.

*sigh*

Anyway, when I get home later today I will try downloading and installing the "Media Player Codec Pack" off cnet.com in the hopes that it will fix the problem. If it doesn't, I'll go find some other pack and see if it does the trick.

I'll report back on how it goes.

On a lighter note, I continued with my Lost Season 6 conversion. Used AnyDVD  HD to copy disk 4 and AnyDVD HD unexpected said it needed to grab an update to work with disk 4. Odd, since none of the previous three disks in season 6 needed it. But, I let it do its thing and all seems to be working well.

2 comments: